Thursday, December 30, 2010

5 MIN MAKEUP JOB #1

Welcome to the new category: Five Minute Makeover
You may know me personally or see me out and about. You may think, "Wow. This girl doesn't look horrible...but she doesn't look like she's rockin' a several thousand dollar makeup kit either (it adds up quick, people)." Likely, this is true...

WHILE I CAN do my own makeup in a stellar way, I rarely take the time to do it justice. I mean, I love the people at the Gap but they are not worth me doing my makeup for 75 minutes if I'm sweater shopping. I'm a mamasita of a one-year old. Enough said. I *like* to budget 10 minutes for my makeup but 3 of that is skin care. I could do most of my makeup in 5 minutes, if needed. Granted, that doesn't include finding what I need and stuffing it all back into my makeup cabinet. Back when I was working, I implemented the 5 minute makeup rule.

We all know I'm a spaz about eyes. You should be, too. Unfortunately, they are the most time-consuming by far. Here is my fave five-minute makeup job product:


Chanel Ombre D'Eau $32 in #40. The little tiny square in the drop-down box in no way represents the color it actually is - but the big photo is actually showing #40. My first bottle lasted me literally four years...and this is one thing I use ALLLL THE TIME. I just bought my second bottle recently. I couldn't even believe they still sell the stuff because I had had the same bottle THAT LONG.

Anyway...you just use this stuff in place of: eye shadow primer, eye shadow, crease shadow. Just brush it on with the little want thing. Add eye liner, mascara. Be gone with it.

Here are my steps:

1. Use Sanitas skin care line (never skip this).
2. Quickly (if you're doing the 5 minute makeup job) add tinted moisturizer or foundation or "Hello Flawless!"
3. Quickly add blush
4. Quickly add Chanel Ombre D'Eau
5. Quickly add eye liner
6. Quickly curl lashes and slather on several coats of mascara.
7. Leave house.
8. Put on lip gloss while pulling out of driveway.

Voila!!
Ann :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment