Thursday, December 23, 2010

19 and holding

You may think I'm lying in the story below.  That's cool.  Except that I'm not.

Some of you may know I do makeup just for fun because I have no real training.  One thing I don't mess around about for brides is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42).  I always send them to Von Maur for this to see my girl Angela. 



I could just leave it at that but I will tell this lame story...  SO, I have always lovvvvved this tinted moisturizer.  In the past, though, I was always between colors (the Casper color they had was always too yellow for me but the next step up was too dark).  Yahhh, I lovvvve me some "Hello, Flawless!" by Benefit.  Except that during winter, my skin is slightly too dry for the powder foundations.  We can't use our humidifiers this year either thanks to the one-year old makeup prodigy and his ability to pull over large items onto himself.  ANYWAY, called (stalked) Angela at Von Maur and found out she was working.  Went to Von Maur and told her I wanted to see if the T.M. matched me yet (it had been a few years since we tried it last).  EUREKA!!!!!!!  IT DOES!!! PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Overjoyed with it.

Getting to the point soon...

I'm only 4'11" and used to get "OMG, how old ARE YOU?" a lot.  Haven't been getting it as much lately since I have a kid that is almost as tall as me and one who is a baby.  Certainly, I must not have started LOOKING MY AGE, so surely it's the kids.  Anyway, today, RANDOMLY, TWOOOOO PEOPLE asked me if I were 19.  :) :) :)  The eye doctor and the girl at the restaurant.  Today was certainly not a "cute day" for me so I give all the credit to the L.M. Tinted Moisturizer. 

I love it.  It goes on so nice and is so light.  I get so jealous when I hang out with my friend Kate and she is always rockin' the Laura flawless natural-looking skin.

And what's my golden rule?  You don't invest in a car and leave the tires at Lujack's do you?  No.  You buy what is recommended for application.  BRUSHES ARE KEY.  Not the brushes in your case (most of the time...unless you are a person who will vehemently disagree with this statement and then I agree, you most likely know what you're talking about so your brushes truly are probably fabulous - what are they??  Do tell...).  Ask the chica what she thinks you should buy.  This is not a rip off.  In this case, Laura has awesome brushes but uses sponges for foundation work.  So, I bought the pack of sponges ($15) too and they are great. 

SOOOOO MUCH better than those crappy triangles from Walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, she does recommend the foundation primer to go with the tinted moisturizer.  I have the primer so I will use and review the two together sometime soon.

Hollllllllllllllllllllllllla to you!

XOXO!
Ann :)

1 comment:

  1. I just bought this tinted moisturizer. I didn't see the primer... but I will use and let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete