Monday, December 27, 2010

Do Not Buy

Oh God.  Why. 

I already know I hate Clinique.  Why do I do this to myself!?

So I did my friend's makeup for her wedding.  She had this gorgous lipstick and gloss.  It looked AWESOME on her. 

Do I buy lipstick and gloss for the color?  Sometimes.  But in general, you should buy it for the FORMULA.  Most brands will have a color similar to what you are looking for...I mean, there are only so many shades of pinks, reds, nudes to go around, right? 

Granted, I am spoiled by my $40 glosses.  I'll admit it.  Moving on...

I do have very fond memories of my Clinique "Sweet Honey" lipstick $14 from my college - age 25 days and will honestly still wear it sometimes. 

Apparently, this lipstick of the bride's that I "just had to have" is the #1 seller of all time. 

Almost Lipstick in Black Honey $14 - click here

Long Last Glosswear in Fireberry $14 = click here


I do see they have a set for $33 but I would not buy it even though the color is stellar/gorgeous/etc.  It fades unevenly which is not cute when the color is a plum and our lips are light pink.  And the gloss goes on even but also doesn't last very long which leaves a weird lip-liner look around the outside.  Ew.

Lesson of the day:  Put on big sunglasses and a floppy hat if the Clinique girl looks your way.  Go to the nearest computer, log onto Sephora and buy this instead.


XOXOXO!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment