Thursday, February 18, 2010

Little Much? Little Much, NARS. Ew.

I've blogged about a Best of Sephora and cult favorite, NARS Orgasm $26. And don't get me wrong, I'm down with s-ually suggestive names and all...I mean, whatever. Affair in Red Square, I'm Not Really a Waitress, etc...(Those were OPI colors, as most know). But seriously, this same NARS product has other colors such as Sin, Torrid, Desire. Fine, whatever. It also has "Deep Throat!!" I mean, COME ON NOW. How are you gonna go from Sin to Deep Throat. Even Orgasm isn't as bad as Deep Throat. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I do think the color is pretty rockin', however. But no, I don't have it (yet. lol). And, for the record, I know I've said it before but Orgasm is a freakin' GREAT color!

I read on another beauty blog about a blush/luminizer from Benefit called Dandelion $28. It is apparently a cult-fave and was sold out for a long time. Sephora emailed me when it came in, so I immediately threw it into the shopping cart (online, of course) and hit "Check Out!" It really is a perfect color, especially if you have fair skin. It definitely helps you look awake and non-dead. All good things. The brush is horrid-looking. I didn't even waste my time with it. I use the Laura Mercier blush brush most of the time so I went straight to that one. I'm also a big fan of my Chanel blush brush.

Remember my whole "know your assets and liabilities" schpiel? Well, one of my major liabilities is lack of cheekbones. To compensate, I usually get too heavy-handed with the ol' "rouge" as my beloved Grandma would call it (RIP). The Benefit Dandelion is GREAT because it's not heavy like a true blush so it's realllllly hard to over-apply. I think I could definitely benefit from having this around (no pun intended. har har). No, seriously, I could use some toning down with the blush every once in awhile (I only have this over-blushing problem when I do makeup on myself). I think it will be perfect for Spring and Summer when I'm trying to rock the more "au naturale" look (in which I use almost as much makeup just lighter colors - lol) OR when I'm trying to roll some HOT PINK lipstick!! Supposedly, HOT PINK lipstick is in. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm so excited about this! Yay!

Love,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment